French school during the XIXth century
View of the Pfalzgrafenstein castle, overlooking the Rhine.
The Pfalzgrafenstein castle, built in 1328 by Ludwig the Bavarian was used as a "toll collecting station" until 1866.
The castle was built on the tiny island of Falkenau, also known as Pfalz Island. Located near Kaub, in Germany. Its location naturally favoured its use as a "toll collecting station".
Comment on condition:
The canvas was doubled approximately twenty years ago. A few small scattered restorations in the sky. A defect restored in the mountain above the background homes.
A few restoration points in the central boat's shell. A slight lack of material in the lower right-hand corner.
- 数量 0
- 参照号码 Expertissim : 150708